Friday, January 3, 2014

3D Spaceport Model Day Three




Work continues.  Got a lot done on the crawler today.  Gotta think up a name for 'er.  She's a rather cute gal, and I'm falling in love.  Perhaps a contest to see who can come up with the best name for the crawler is in order? :D

Still got a lot of work to do on it, though.

PS: Yes, the tracks DO work and are able to be animated correctly.  Thanks to the tutorial by Greg Zaal.  Shout out to Greg for his awesome tute on that front. Linky.

And I got a little done on the space port itself.  Making preparations for the large doorway, complete with huge doors.  Need a great design idea for them.  Trawling the 'web for ideas on that front.  After that, we're onto the inside and finishing up detailing the grounds outside.  Probably going to put up a few defenses, like laser turrets or shield generators or something, along with the obligatory science fiction shipping crates (they probably explode when shot).  We'll see how those turn out.


Request was made to show how I make the lines on the geometry.  I'll try my best to get a tute up next week, as I will have the whole house to myself during that time, depending on how much time I get between the two clients I'll be working for that week.

Have a safe weekend, everyone.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

PayPal Logo

Followers