Thursday, December 10, 2015

Adamant Interior Concepts

Starting to work on the new Adamant's interior.

The bridge shell has changed shape to this, with a human model to give an impression of scale:


It's necessary to redesign the interior of the Command Deck so that it fits.

I also wanted to take this chance to redesign the ship's interior motif, too. I wanted something a bit more menacing and muted. Since the outside looks tougher. To that end, I came up with this test motif:


I'm still not thrilled with this design, and may address some of my concerns. The most notable one is...there's something about it that doesn't look good...I don't know. I know I don't like the baseboard lights. I'm going to get rid of those...the support struts also don't look quite right to me...perhaps they should follow the rounded edge motif of the rest of the design more.

Here is the Officer's Conference Room, directly aft of the Main Bridge, now, instead of to the side like the old design. This is looking to starboard. Left is forward, and that door on the left is the door to the bridge. It is shown in the old Adamant's interior color scheme. I'm seriously considering changing it.


I will definitely be adjusting the windows of the ship for the interior. I'll leave them the same on the exterior, because they're so small that they're fine the way they are. But close up, they're too angular. I'm going to round the edges for the interiors so that they provide more detail for the close-ups they'll be subjected to in any interior scenes on board the ship.

And here is the final color scheme, I think.  I need to add some stuff on the walls, including handrails, displays, door control panels and perhaps a display case for a model of the ship.



 

All that's left is adding some detail on the wall, including getting rid of the door in this image and adding a table.  I'm thinking on a circular table, with a holographic display in the center for presentations.  If that's the case, I'll change out the ceiling to fit the table. Instead of the door to the left in the following image, I want to put a display of a model of the Adamant (probably in silver or gold).  Right now the room has 3 doors.  The door to the left just leads out into the central corridor leading from the bridge, and 2 doors is more than sufficient for this room.



The table here is probably a bit too big around.   The bridge crew consists of 6 people--the captain, first officer, helm, comms officer, gunnery, and sensor officer.  The chief engineer would likely be included in meetings, too, so, at most, I'd need room for just 8 - 10 seats.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

PayPal Logo

Followers