Friday, August 1, 2014

Computer Crash, Lost Work!

So, it finally happened.  My patched and sputtering old Ubuntu installation finally croaked.

And with it, unfortunately, went probably 5 gigabytes of data into the netherworld, including an entire project for a client...


On the plus side, the tutorial for CGCookie is about to work out, I suppose.  We'll see what they say.  I had so many technical issues with that thing, that's what preceded the need to upgrade.  In the upgrade, however, I failed to save every file...oh well.

So, it was clearly about time to upgrade my Ubuntu. Now, I'm getting used to 14.04, trying to figure out what I will do to repair the damage, and languishing in horror at the lost data, realizing I'm about to do hours of work for free.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

PayPal Logo

Followers